21 April 2010

Punctuation

I find one of my co-workers perplexing. She perpetually has her iPod on and earphones in, cutting her off from the outside world as she bobs and bounces through the office to the beat only she can hear. As a result, I've not had much chance to converse with her. However, after hearing her speak to some of my other co-workers from time to time, I don't think I'll complain too much.

She does seem to be an upbeat person, but the way she expresses that is unusual. She ends nearly every sentence with a laugh. That in itself is not bad, nor is it necessarily strange. I know many people who laugh after they express their thoughts. This co-worker, however, laughs as she expresses her thoughts.

I had a hard time figuring out how to write it, but I think this will suffice. A statement from her comes out something like this:
"Hey, that's a good ide-eh-eh-ah-ha-ha-ha!"
"I don't know what I'm going to do today for luh-huh-huh-ha-ha-nch ha ha."
"Oh, I know exactly how you fee-heh-hee-hee-heh-heh-ha-hull."

I think having to converse with her daily would slowly drive me ma-hah-hah-ah-ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment