13 April 2010

...To Begin With

Charles Dickens' most famous book opens this way: "The Marleys were dead, to begin with." It's an excellent opening line, even if one already knows the story.

I doubt I shall be so eloquent, even if I have had some writing practice, but with this entry I begin a new blog, having become disenchanted with LiveJournal, having decided that my journal should be for my own thoughts that I want to keep to myself, and having lost interest in maintaining a photographic record of shopping cart rescues.

Instead, this will consist simply of my observations--the ideas that enter my mind while I'm walking, busy doing other things, or trying to sleep. These are the things that are not quite worthy of my personal journal but are interesting nevertheless. They will seldom be political, and readers will have to dig deep to find any profound meaning. This is just a dumping grounds for the things I wonder about, the things I think about, the things that boggle my mind, and the things that I sometimes discuss out loud with myself.

My observations.

Hence, the squirrel was dead, to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment