17 May 2010

Towing

I bike to work. Nearly every morning, on a few blocks that make up part of my commute, I see another man on a bike going the same direction. He's usually ahead of me, but he turns down some other street long before I make my turn. He wears a bright orange reflective vest like many other cyclists do, but his has the name of a towing company printed on the back of it.

I have to assume that this guy works for the towing company, that the vest is part of his work uniform, and that he just bikes there and back every day.

Still, I can't help picturing a guy on a bike trying to do the job of a tow truck... It's absurd, but it makes me laugh just the same.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just tried to view Kate's blog and it said that she moved to a different site, but it wouldn't let me see it. It may have been posted wrong or something, but could you tell her to send me her blog address please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is it:
    http://explorewithtwine.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete